Monday, April 26, 2010

Top 3 of th Week: Movies To Look Forward To This Summer


1) Sex and the City 2
The girls are baaack. May 27th is sure to be a national 'Girls Night Out' when the film hits the box office. For a non-moviegoer like myself, this is one movie that warrents a $12 ticket. Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda return bigger and better--wardrobes that is. (a trip to the Middle East warrents some unique fashion statements.) And you didn't expect Big and Carrie to live happily ever after, did you? 2 words: Aiden returns.





2) Iron Man 2
Another anticipated summer blockbuster sequel? SHOCKER! I'm not even sure if I remember liking the 1st one, but what I do remember is how friggin awesome Robert Downey Jr. is. One of the few actors who comes across so suave, he definitely holds the title for the most bad-ass, likable and charming superhero in any of the current "Man" clan.


3) Eat, Pray, Love
Wow. You know its a sign that I had to stretch to find this as my 3rd movie that I'm not a fan of most films. But as sappy as a chick flick as this looks like, Julie Roberts as the lead always screams potential. Based on the popular novel, Eat, Pray, Love stars Roberts as a woman who had it all but still finds the need to search for more in life. Javier Barden plays his Vicky Christina Barcelona love interest. Is it really worthy of a top 3? Considering I didn't even read the book, probably not...o well. It cracks the Top 3 anyway!

No comments: