Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Top 3 of th Week: Things to Think About When Showering


We all hear that some of our best thoughts come in the shower but sometimes we think so much about other things, we forget why were even there to begin with (we smell, remember now?) so here are some thoughts we may have when we're scrub a dub dubbing!



1) Stepping Into A Shower That's Not Our Own
This is always a test, both of our intelligence and common sense. We strip down and are now ready to enter the unknown. Our 1st challenge. Figuring out how the knobs work. Hot is to the right or left? How do we turn the drain off? Oh wait! We're getting warmer..getting warmer...got it! Then we have to deal with the change in water pressure, different shampoos and soaps. And that's not a good feeling. To be naked in an unknown area is never comforting, even if it's a place we're supposed to be naked!


2) Shampoo & Conditioning..& Conditioning?
So remember when I said we tend to daydream in the shower? Or were you daydreaming when I said that. Depending if your a morning showerer or night showerer (I prefer sleeping later and getting in bed clean) you're bound to be exhausted at times. And if you're like me, you might forget if you already conditioned your hair. (Wait a minute...I thought I remember picking up the white bottle..) until it's too late. As soon as it's in you realize you did in fact put it in. With too much conditioner, you wonder if you've done permanent damage to your hair.


3) I Don't Want To Come Out
When I was a kid I dreaded taking the time showering and delayed it when I could. (Ok wait a minute. By 'delayed' I mean like later that night, not 'not at all') But somehow, once I got in one, I never wanted to come out. It would only be when we'd run our of hot water would I finally exit. (Which by the way has to be one of the most depressing moments..especially when you have to wash out the rest of your conditioner while shivering). So I've grown to embrace showering and the end results. And I think as long as we do it right and leave a cleaner person than how we entered, then we've done our job, whether we paid attention to the process or not!

No comments: