Sunday, May 17, 2009

Top 3 of The Week: American Idol Finale Thoughts


1) And the winner is...Kris Allen?
Hey, it could happen. And if so, America has a lot of explaining to do. Sure, I enjoy Allen's performances, but the winner of American Idol? C'mon. Kris' charming smile and apparent sex appeal has surprisingly catapulted him into the top-2, knocking out finale favorite, Danny Gokey in the process. I'm not a huge Adam Lambert fan (his theatrics are indulging and his high-pitched notes shatter all my windows), but if he doesn't win, it just ain't right. The guy is a rockstar.


2) Team Dioguardi
Now most people I talk to are not a fan of the rookie judge, but I actually like her contributions, and almost find myself agreeing with her more than Simon. If anything, her following Randy proves just how useless his critiques are (This is a singing competition and YOU CAN SINGGG!!! --seriously, enough.) Now what I didn't like about Kara throughout the season is that she's uber sensitive and can't take a joke, especially when it's coming from Simon (who mind you, has a pretty big in with the producers of the show). So don't be surprised if like the many Idol contestants, Dioguardi's 15 minutes of American Idol fame might be over after this season.


3) Looking back at my Predictions
I'd like to think I was pretty spot on with my American Idol predictions. Interestingly enough, I left off Kris Allen, because after all, I didn't even think he'd make the top-13, let alone the top 2! (Sorry, but without air time in the early rounds, how can America relate to the guy?) I still think Adam will succeed win or lose, and well, seeing Jorge Nunez win it all would have been just plain adorable!

No comments: