Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The "People's Choice" is a Joke


So tonight I got excited when I started watching the People's Choice Awards, as it marks the start of the upcoming award season. But every year, I seem to forget why I in fact always START watching this show, but never FINISH watching it, as I remember with each passing minute that this is the award show where apparently its WINNERS ONLY in attendance, nominees need not apply.



The best comedy show on TV is...The Big Bang Theory? Who's voting for this? The CBS employees who chose to hang on to their People's Choice surveys for self-promotion rather than handing it out to the public?

The Best Comedy Movie of the Year is..The Proposal? Well, it makes sense I guess, considering they placed Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock in the front row.

The Best Female in a Comedy is...Sandra Bullock again? Wait a minute..is CBS trying to kill two birds with one stone and not have to hand out a party gift to another celeb? It is at this moment in the show that I decided to blog my anger.


How exactly does this award show work? I mean it's pretty obvious the guaranteed winners are those in attendance. But did CBS send an invite to say, Alec Baldwin, and when he turned it down, did they decide to give the Best Actor in a Comedy award to Steve Carrell instead? If Alec would have said yes, would he have gotten the award? I'm intrigued by how this process works.

I don't know what's more sad. The fact that this show is trying to pass off as legitimate, or the fact that I actually tuned in.

The people have spoken! And the People's Choice goes to...any award show but THIS one!

No comments: