Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Name is Brooke Schneider, and I’m a Bargain Shopper


Before I begin, I must apologize to my mother, who will always tell me I never need to notify people of the following. Sorry mom. Pride comes in all shapes and sizes, and I have pride in the following:


I am a bargain shopper.


That’s right. When I enter a clothing store, I do not pass GO. I do not collect $200. I go straight to the sales rack. And if I did collect the $200, I’d definitely get as many quality items as possible for that price.


When I do wear a fashionable item that gets the compliments pouring in, I have to always follow it with “I GOT IT ON SALE!”


Why is that?


Well it’s because I take pride in the ability to look fashionable at, well, the most affordable cost possible. I know I’m not alone, and that most girls feel the same way. (Am I right, ladies? Give me a hell yeah! [HELL YEAH!]) In fact, when girls compliment an outfit and tell me they found their own bargains, I feel like we have a common interest.


But when it comes to spending money on materialistic things, I do have my principles. I don’t care if I won the lottery tomorrow, or money grew on trees, or I married a 73-year-old billionaire (who I claimed “ I loved for who he is on the inside,”), I can never see myself spending hundreds of dollars on a tank-top or thousands of dollars on a basic black dress. That’s just not my style. And I have to say, I do have a decent sense of style—but only at the right price.


So the next time someone comes up to me and tells me they like my new shoes, or my new top, I’m going to let them know if it was on sale, and how much I paid for it. I’m going to be proud of my bargain find, and I’m going to let the world know about it.


Sorry Mom. That’s just my style.

No comments: