Thursday, August 6, 2009

Why I Love Leftovers



I love leftovers.


And despite what many people may think, if the right opportunity presents itself, I’m going to grab my doggy bag whenever I can. There tends to be a social stigma that says, “it doesn’t look right to bring home your food.” Oh, please.


You want to know why I love it? Is it because I’m cheap?


No, although the fact that I can squeeze two (or three) meals in for the price of one is appealing.


I can’t even remember the last time I could physically finish a whole meal (sorry, but after gorging myself during my basketball playing days, I seemed to have lost most of my appetite), so I’m just supposed to throw out half my meal or force myself to finish it when I’m not hungry anymore?


What I love most about leftovers, is the fact that I can now eat it at any time I want.


Hungry for a midnight snack?

Let me grab a bite of my steak sandwich or take a piece of my chicken.

Nothing to eat in the fridge for lunch?

Oh, yeah, I’ll have my leftovers from last night!


So why do people think its wrong to take home the leftovers from a meal?


It’s just good sense, people!

No comments: