Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I'm Sorry, Kris Allen


Dear Kris Allen,

I would like to send my sincerest apologies to you. Upon what some like myself believed to be a shocking run at the title of "American Idol," I had my doubts that you were worthy, that you could really survive as the artist middle America voted for.


But with your latest hit, "Live Like We're Dying," I feel compelled to owe you an apology. Your tune has a bit of Jason Mraz in it, and if you can continue this trend, you can earn yourself a comparable career.

So when you won and beat the unique Adam Lambert, got passed the feel-good story of Danny Gokey and the talented Alison Iraheta, my expectations were that of gray-haired cooky winner, Taylor Hicks.

But you proved me wrong. Keep up the good work, and best of luck to you,

-Brooke

No comments: