Monday, October 5, 2009

Top 3 of the Week: Why It Was Depressing to Go Back to Homecoming


1) I Feel Old
Ok, I know its been only a year and a half since I graduated, but my god! There are children going to college now! Did I really look that young when I went to school, I wonder? I feel like I've aged tremendously when I see these young kids roaming around, only to realize they were ME not so long ago!


2) I Barely Recognize Anyone
Nothing was more fun in college than to go out and mingle with people you recognize at this bar or that party. That was the true beauty of going out in Binghamton, where I went to college. If I want to go out to a bar with strangers, it's going to be in New York City with hot guys in their late 20s, not in Binghamton with college boys in their late teens.


3) I Don't Drink Like I'm in College Anymore
And this is a good thing. I was never a crazy wild child when I went out, but every so often I'd let loose and have fun. Considering I hate to let myself get wasted for respectability and safety issues when I'm going out and commuting in NYC, I've lost all desire to pound shots. So going back to my old stopping grounds and being content without having a drink makes me think I've matured, outgrown college, and avoided any potential AA meetings!

1 comment:

Anna said...

totally agreed. i didnt go back for homecomign wknd, but the weekend before it and dt had just lost the spark. #2 on this list was particularly what bothered me.