Friday, December 25, 2009

Out with the Old, In with the New Year!



Ok, I know I say this every year, but DAMN! This year flew by! How are we already in a new decade?! Wasn't Y2K just yesterday? I don't know what's scarier--the fact that each year flies by or I'm already living in my 4th decade.

But yes, it's time to move past the 2000's and on to the '10s? Is that what we're calling it? How exactly are we referring to this next year--20-10 or 2,010? So much confusion, so little time, as we realize our lives are flying by before we know it!

But depending on how you celebrate the new year, whether its home with board games and Dick Clark (the guys still kickin' isn't he!), out to a fancy dinner with your significant other, or out at a bar with a ridiculous $100 cover (how 'bout that crowded bar that you must force your way to the front to get your watered down open bar drink?), New Year's gives us a chance to reflect on the year that was, and allow us to start fresh once we flip over to our new calendar we bought at a mall kiosk. (I prefer to wait a week and get it half off...)

With each year we get a little older, yes, but we also get wiser, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we live and learn. We realize what we want and don't want, what makes us happy and what doesn't. Whether it be in relationships or in our jobs, with our friends or family, we learn a lot about ourselves with each passing day, each passing year, and now, damn it, each passing decade!

So with that said, I hope you and I both learned a lot from The Brooke Schneider Show blog, and that you'll stay with me in 20-10..or, 2,010..or...whatever..just stay with us next year!

1 comment:

Joakasfabio said...

O preto com letras brancas tá chocante. Bem que poderia melhorar o visual do site.