Sunday, December 6, 2009

Top 3 of the Week: Why the Jersey Shore is the Best New Show on TV


1) It's So Bad, It's Good
You know how you always eat that candy bar when you know it's unhealthy or how you read the tabloids even though you know you should be reading the NY Times. Well I watched the new MTV show, Jersey Shore, last week knowing that it was going to be SO bad, that it just might be enjoyable. And boy, was I right. I often shook my head in disgust and took pity for those on it--yet I couldn't wait for more. Sure, my IQ dropped by the minute, but it all didn't matter when I watched what could very well be the show to sweep the Emmy's this season.


2) The Compelling Cast
Oh no she DIDN'TTTT! Mike, self-proclaimed "The Situation," referring to his six-pack abs, thought he had roomie Sammi "Sweetheart" in the bag, until the buff Ronnie swept her off her feet (and by "swept her off her feet" I mean probably doing a fist-pump at the club that got her hot and heavy). So how will "The Situation" and his ego recover?! And will "Snooki" stay in the house?! Will "Jwoww" cheat on her boyfriend with the wax-for-hair Paulie? But the better question is--WHY DO I CARE!? Read on.




3) I Know People Like This
So if you watched, all of these participants live in the metro area like myself, so watching it makes me reminiscent of the times I'd go out on Long Island and question why I in fact, GO OUT ON LONG ISLAND. Not many girls like "Jwoww" can pull off an outfit like that scarf for a top look AND think they don't look like trash in the process. And not many guys can take pride in their quantity of hair gel. So while the rest of the country might not understand the lives of the guidos and guidettes, I do. And while I try to stay as far away from them as possible, apparently the distance between me and my television is just the right amount :)

*Editor's Note: Brooke does NOT in fact think this show is the best on television. Please sense the sarcasm. Thank you.

2 comments:

Adam said...

My favorite part is the situation's situation. Never has there been a character on TV so compelling that he is a paradox within himself. He has the biggest ego on television who delivers this classic line, "Babies, Dogs, Hot Girls, MILFs all want the situation." Yet when one girl who he lives with is done with him he can't even handle it since he has absolutely zero confidence. A classic television moment.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, people from around the country think that this is just some other sensationalist reality show, but the fact is that I know people who make the situation look like Bill Nye. Don't lie though, having grown up in high school you know you went to prom with a guy like Ronnie.