Friday, December 25, 2009

Top 3 of the Week: The Story of 2009


As the year comes to a close, I highlight the top 3 rising/falling trends of the year that was!



1) The Fall of an Icon
Not only did the King of Pop's death shake the world, but so too did the death of the squeaky clean image of the King of the Course, Tiger Woods. I don't know what's more hard to believe--that a pop star was popping pills or an athlete slept around when he hit the road, but the end of both was tragic: the death of "The Man in the Mirror" and "the man who should be embarrassed to LOOK in the mirror" not only hit America but the entire globe.



2) The Fall of the Economy
The only reason why this blog was even created was because I had too much time on my hands thanks to being laid off! (And I really do mean thanks, as my career has turned out even better than before). But unfortunately the same cannot be said for those who aren't 24, as my those who are my parents age haven't all found it easy to bounce back. Thanks to the Bernie Madoffs of the world, this was the year that staying in was a common occurrence (see the rise in TV ratings), eating out happened less and less, and career halts, changes and unintended paths were the norm.



3) The Rise of the iPhone
Ok, maybe we all don't have the iPhone now, but I'm pretty sure at some point, we all will. And before you know it, all we're going to have to do is tap the application button on our phone and be able to point at our closet to pick out an outfit for the day, hold it out to our friend and have it start up a conversation for us, and scan a club when we're out to help find our future significant other. It's only a matter of time before we all have iPhones (or at least an iTouch like I own), and eventually start wearing the same silver 1-piece suit and fly our cars through outer space.


Stay tuned for my New Year's post on Thursday!

No comments: