Thursday, May 13, 2010

Why Am I Always So Tired?


The other day I was reading my Cosmo magazine as I was falling asleep on the train. I flipped the page to an article titled "Why Am I Always Tired?" I would have read it but I fell asleep. But after my nap, I wondered why this statement is so true.

Why am I, in fact, always tired?



It's tough to analyze. After all, we pretty much can't win. When we're so tired we sleep longer, but apparently there's this thing called too long, and we get more tired in the process. Sounds confusing? I know. I'm tired just thinking about it.

So then we have nights where we get less sleep than our normal schedule. So we try to catch up on Zz's over the weekend, but apparently there's no such thing as 'catching up on sleep.' Who made these damn rules!


So we essentially can't win. Unless we just so happen to sleep the perfect amount which doesnt happen often. Although I will admit I've had the occasional jump-out-of-bed-like-I'm-in-a-musical-excitement, that's rare. I don't know about you, but no coffee or energy drink can fix my daytime sleepyness. Like I've said before, I think we all deserve a siesta. With the pressures at our jobs, social lives to keep our sanity, and blogs to keep our fans entertained (oh is that just me?..) who really has time to sleep?

I'll tell you who. Babies and my grandpa. And unless we're Benjamin Button, looks like we'll just have to live our busy lives yawning our way through it before we sleep all day like my gramps!

No comments: