Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Top 3 of the Week: Things That Are Illegal That People Do Anyway


1) Fireworks on 4th of July
I find it hard to believe that a holiday that is designed to honor our country relies on one thing that isn't permitted, fireworks. I mean I get it, they're dangerous. I certainly wont go up close to them and quick frankly, the loud booms scare the shit out of me. But why make it so difficult on us Americans on the day we're celebrating the independence of our country, to purchase the key to the celebration? The irony is laughable.


2) Smoking Pot
I've said it before and will proudly say it again. I've never smoked pot and have no desire to ever try it. That doesn't mean that I judge those who do. If you were smoking crack, maybe. But some studies have even showed there are medical benefits to it (remember Montell Williams claiming it helped him through his MS?). There are even some adults who smoke it daily as a stress reliever. The only thing I'll be smoking are those gum ciggarettes I bought from the ice cream man years ago as a reminder of my youth, and how rediculously inappropriate they were for children.


3) Jaywalking
Ok, I'm not even sure where this law is really in effect, but I can tell you it ain't in New York City. In fact, I've seen people jaywalk in front of cops, which of course makes me feel like it's ok that I do it too. But can you imagine the horror of overpopulated corners filled with antsy New Yorkers waiting for that white walking man light to glow? Oh wait, we do that anyway. But the thought of having to delay our already speedy walks makes jaywalking an illegal act I gladly partake in. I know what your thinking, I'm such a rebel!

No comments: