Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I Have a Dream...That One Day...I'll Know What the Hell My Dreams Mean


As Martin Luther King said, "I have a dream..that one day...this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed..."

I don't know about you but my dreams normally include riding unicorns into Brad Pitt's home on a rainbow cloud with a leprechaun leading the way.

With the movie Inception taking over the box office, it got me thinking. If I had one dream, it would be to figure out my dreams. But let's really analyze this.


We all have plenty of dreams. Some that may foreshadow an event or perhaps some that include running from aliens in our backyard. Some that feature us as the main star or others where were an innocent observer. But the real question is, what do they mean?


I know the dreams that end right before my alarm clock means I'm a well-timed thinker. I know the dreams that get cut off by alarm clock piss me off, especially when I can't remember what my dream was about minutes after waking up. I know the dreams that scare the crap out of me in the middle of the night makes me want to believe it's still ok to jump in my mom's bed. And I know the dreams that continue in my head when I know I'm fully controlling the outcome are friggin awesome but totally don't count.

But I don't study dreams enough to know what they really mean. All I know is that it's freakishly cool to be asleep and have our minds be wide awake!

No comments: