Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Top 3 of the Week: Things I'll Have to Get Used to Living on My Own


1) Wait that cost WHAT NOW?!
Ok, fine. We're all spoiled when we live at home and don't have to pay for rent or food. And living in a city like New York where it cost $12 for a sandwich definitely makes me think peanut butter and jelly is a great alternative and home cooked meals will be missed. No but in all seriousness, we make money to spend it right? And so what if my rent is double that of most places in America and half the size, it's still worth it. Even if it comes at the expense of my expenses!


2) No One to Answer to But Me!
Yes, it's finally time to say I am Ms. Independent. Going out whenever I want? I can do that! Creating my own schedule? I can do that! Not answering to anyone? I can do that too!--although my 3 other roomies might beg to differ. But an apartment of my own definitely provides a refreshing feeling knowing that it's time to grab life by the horns and do whatever the hell I want with it!

Sometimes I felt like this is the lengths it took to get to work everyday...

3) Having so Much Time on my Hands

OK, so commuting to work was a 2-hour door-to-door triathlon every day. Driving in my car, riding the train, walking to work. Now, a mere 20-minute walk to work and I'm left with so much time I don't know what the do with it. The odd part? I am struggling to find time to write this blog since I used to take care of this task on the
train!

So be prepared for some less frequent posts. After all, I'm living in the city now, so I got to live it up! And for all you naysayers who said, "how do you have time to blog," I'll now admit-- it ain't one of my top priorities! Sorry fans! I got a life to live!

No comments: