Tuesday, April 14, 2009

McDonald’s Snack Wrap—My Guilty Pleasure

Whenever I go out at night and haven’t eaten much, all I really ask for is for a few bites of real food. I don’t want a bag of pretzels. I don’t want a candy bar. I just want something that will coat my stomach until I’m ready to call it a night. And what I really crave, is a McDonald’s Snack Wrap.

We all seem to have this notion that fast food is the unhealthiest thing we could put into our stomachs. And while I mostly agree (I would not go near a McD’s burger), do you realize how bad the food is that your eating when you eat out? Even salads have high fat content. Unless you’re just chomping on some lettuce and carrots, just because there’s green on your plate doesn’t mean it’s healthy. And just because your meal doesn’t come with nutrition facts doesn’t mean you shouldn’t know what’s going into your body.

Crispy Ranch Snack Wrap: 330 Calories, 16 grams of fat

Slice of Pizza: 480 calories, 10 grams of fat

Buffalo Chicken Salad @ Chili’s: 870 calories, 55 grams of fat

My point is, I’m tired of the idea that fast food is sooo much worse than other things we might eat. Now don’t get me wrong. I eat just about as healthy as the next person. My stepfather is in culinary school and knows how to cook healthy. My mom reads the Nutrition Facts of everything she buys. And I hate the feeling I get after eating oily, fattening and rich foods. So in all, I know what eating healthy entails.

But I’ll be damned if I want to head into McDonald’s and grab myself a Snack Wrap (ok..maybe a small fries too…), I’m going to do it. And I’m not going to feel guilty about it!

No comments: