Friday, April 10, 2009

Top 3 of the Week: Why it's Nice to be Employed Again


1) I Can Now Be A Part of Society Again
No longer do I feel like a waste of life. Ladies and gentlemen, I now again feel like I am contributing to society. Sure, it was nice to sleep til 12, have time to work out, and watch as much TV as I want. But when I got tired from running my one errand to the post office, I realized I'm too young to have the lifestyle of my grandparents.

2) Small Talk Convos Can Now Run Smoothly
You all know how I just LOVE to have small talk with family, friends or strangers. But now that I am working again, the conversations can be as complete and pointless as they should be. The standard questions of "How's work going?" and "What's new at work?" can now be followed by "it's going" and "same ole, same ole," respectively.

3) Getting A Paycheck I Feel Like I Earned
I can say with certainty that the easiest and most lucrative job I've ever had is filing for unemployment every week. Answer six easy questions and BAM!--the government is wiring over a decent check directly to my bank account. But there is something to be said for working for your money, and working hard for your money. And let me tell you, with this new job, I work hard for the money, so hard for it honey, I work hard for the money so you better treat this blog right--because I'm still going to keep it going!

No comments: