Sunday, April 26, 2009

Top 3 of the Week: Why I Don't Like Twitter

*Disclaimer: I have signed up for Twitter for work-related purposes, but have yet to find its social meaning...read on for my reasons...

1) I Use Facebook
There are only so many social networking sites I can update. It’s bad enough that Facebook has resorted to its Twitter-like format, which mind you, I still don’t like. So I can’t imagine embracing the real thing when it’s already influenced the one site I love in such an annoying and negative way.

2) I Really Don't Care What You Do
Maybe my addition to Facebook is misleading. Yes, it’s nice to check out your pictures from your trip to Europe and that you’re in a new relationship, but telling me that you just ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or just got out of yoga class is really the last thing I care to know from my "friend." Is that mean? I’m sorry.



3) All The Cool Kids (aka Celebs) Are Using It
This is the same way Scientology picked up steam, and you don’t see me following that either. Cougar Demi Moore and her cub, Aston Kutcher use it (so much so that it was a headline that she saved someone from suicide on it) and John Mayer “tweeted” his breakup with Jennifer Aniston. If some celebrity gossip-lover like myself isn’t into following their lead, you know I’m not cut for the Tweet world.

No comments: