Friday, July 17, 2009

Let's Admit: There is No Ideal Job!



Does anyone really enjoy their job?

We're always bound to complain about something.

The hours are too long. The hours are non-traditional. The pay isn't enough. You're only doing it for the pay. The location sucks. The commute sucks. The coworkers are terrible. The coworkers are the only thing keeping you there. It's not the field you want to be in. It's not the direction you want to go in. You're not home enough. You're home too much. You hate your boss. You hate your department. You're standing on your feet all day. You're stuck behind a desk all day.


We all complain. And to those who we complain to, well, they don't want to hear it. Because they're damn well sure their position is worse than yours. When you talk about your job, if you get a "your job sounds awesome" response, you often follow it by "well it sounds better than it is."

Can we all just come to the conclusion that 99% of us would like to win the lottery and never work again? The other 1% probably grew up rich and works just to keep busy (I HATE YOU).

If you're lucky enough to truly love your job (mine right now is pretty cool), then you're the envy of many. But let's all just admit there is no IDEAL JOB!

1 comment:

Hi, my name is Cynthia. said...

I love the images in your post! They are too funny.

Do you really think that everyone HATES their job? Seems like I'm surrounded by coworkers that just go with the flow and never complain. But then as I drive along the freeway and look at the other scowling drivers, I think that maybe I'm not alone. Maybe I just work with a bunch passive do-gooders that never rock the boat!

Anyway, I just wrote something related to this on my blog that I thought that I would share:

http://girlfriendchatter.blogspot.com/2009/12/ridiculous-task-request-at-work.html