Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Top 3 of the Week: Things I Don't Think is Worth the Money



1) Buying Books
So you find a book you really like to buy at the store, bring it home, read it, and then what? Read it again? Um, not likely. There's a thing called the library, and while I mostly utilize mine for its current CDs and DVDs, if there's a book I want to read, I'm going reach into my wallet for my library card and not my $20 bill!


2) Manicures
I might be one of the few girls who doesn't enjoy this form of pampering. Unless its a french manicure, I don't find the reason to spend money on my nails when I can easily do it myself. Ok, maybe not, easily, as using my non-dominant left hand to paint my right hand is quite the challenge. But if I can't notice the difference between my nails and those who get manicures, I think I'll use my money elsewhere.

3) Downloading iTunes Music
I have never bought a single song off iTunes, since the majority of music I want to buy are probably the same that are played on the radio. So hmm, just turn on the radio, or buy it for my iPod? OK, fine, songs are only $1, but that adds up! Again my local library comes in handy when it comes to not just books, but taking out the latest CDs. Now if only my library card could get me free manicures...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Totally disagree with you on 2 and 3. I think it is a great use of $20-$30 to get a mani pedi and you are also able to have about an hour to yourself, read trashy mags, read up on gossip and then feel clean and pretty after. iTunes is also a good use of $$, especially for someone like me who lives in the city and does not listen to the radio because I do not drive, this way I am able to download the music I want to listen to and put it on my iPod. I guess they are all situational though.

Brooke Schneider said...

so you DO read the blog! lol
It definitely is situational, and I know I'm in the minority for #2 for girls, and yes, your explanation for #3 makes sense...guess the moral of the story is that I just have an awesome library lol