Wednesday, February 18, 2009

38 And Counting....Ranking the Top Broadway Shows I've Seen!


When I was 10, I saw my first Broadway Show—Damn Yankees. I was 11 when I saw my second show, 12 when I saw my third. When I was younger, New York City to me meant the walk from Penn Station to Times Square, killing time before a Broadway show, and heading back home after. Since then, I've explored other city adventures, but Broadway still has a special place in my heart. Now, I've viewed a near 40 Broadway shows (none of which I’ve seen twice). I realized Broadway became more of a hobby, and I was always excited to come back home, take my Playbill and place it in my stack of show rankings (yes, I am cool).


So take a look at the Broadway rankings and feel free to share your thoughts!


  1. Les Miserables
  2. The Lion King
  3. Wicked
  4. Aida
  5. Phantom of the Opera
  6. Spamalot
  7. Jersey Boys
  8. Miss Saigon
  9. Putnam County Spelling Bee
  10. Avenue Q
  11. Legally Blonde
  12. Rag Time
  13. In The Heights
  14. Hairspray
  15. The Drowsy Chaperone
  16. Rent
  17. Mamma Mia
  18. Damn Yankees
  19. Chicago
  20. Passing Strange
  21. The Color Purple
  22. Shrek
  23. Beauty & the Beast
  24. Footloose
  25. Rocky Horror Picture Show
  26. The Wedding Singer
  27. Spring Awakening
  28. Xanadu
  29. Into The Woods
  30. The Producers
  31. The King And I
  32. The Music Man
  33. Cabaret
  34. Cirque Dreams
  35. Sweeney Todd
  36. A Chorus Line
  37. Swing
  38. 1776

2 comments:

Gregory Arnold said...

Hey Brooke, i'm enjoying your blog. What i'm not enjoying is the fact that you've put "A chorus Line" so low on your list. I thought it was good! Oh, and 1776 is also good! How about you show some love for history!

Brooke Schneider said...

Greg--are you just biased because I saw A Chorus Line with YOU? And 1776? Are you saying that because all it brought to the table was historical information? HOW DOES THAT TRANSLATE INTO A MUSICAL!? psh...

but thanks for reading :)