Friday, February 27, 2009

Top 3 of The Week: Why I Still Watch American Idol



1) Surprisingly, there’s still talent out there
Maybe David Cook isn’t as good as Kelly C
larkson, but the theory that the talent isn’t as strong is NOT true. I mean, it’s not like it was Taylor Hicks who won last year! If you were to watch Season 1 again, you’d see that there were about four people who were talented enough to win, not everyone in the Top 12. And every year since is no different. So I’m not buying that logic that the talent is weaker. Because each year brings a new 16-year-old who’s eligible to compete or a guy like Cook who wasn’t even planning on trying out. I’ve got two words for you: Danny Gokey.

2) Simon Cowell
Whenever I watch a performance, the only judge
who I not only agree with, but look forward to hearing from is Simon. Because while Paula is dancing in a drunken fashion, Randy is chanting Yea-Yea-Dawg and newcomer Kara is still learning the ropes, Simon is the guy who tells it like it is in his snide, witty, yet truthful delivery. Even the interaction with Ryan is often priceless. If Simon were to ever leave, THEN I’d stop watching. Then again, the show probably wouldn't carry on without him.

3) It is still entertaining!
With the amount of crap on television these days, there’s not much else to choose from when your other options are A Double Shot at Love and Bromance. And even though the ratings continue to go down for American Idol, they’re still taking in over 20 million viewers an episode. So it looks like I’m not the only one still watching!

No comments: