Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Soccer: I Will Never Be A Fan!

If you read my blog, you might find yourselves nodding your head in agreement with most things, as the whole point of the blog is to find the humor we all deal with in our daily lives. But I can guarantee there is one opinion I have that certainly does not relate to the majority of folks, at least around the world.

I HATE soccer.

Mayeb I'm not alone in America, as we seem to be the only nation that choses football over futbol. But for most of the world, soccer is the sport of choice, and quite frankly, I just can't see why.

I played a ton of sports growing up, but never soccer.

I watch a good amount of sports on TV as a fan and for work, but never soccer.

I think David Beckham is dreamy, and yet, I still never watch soccer.

There's so much running around in the sport, and so little scoring, that it just doesn't appeal to me. And yes, I prefer the mundane viewing of a baseball game, knowing full well that America's pastime makes some feel like time is never passing.

So no matter how big of a game it is, I will never understand the allure of this sport!

1 comment:

SkoK said...

And of course, you should add that it has certain element of thuggery that is not found in any major sports. I suggest you have look at rugby, big guys and fit girls hitting, running, juggling and scoring yet managing to have the greatest respect for each other at the end.