Sunday, November 8, 2009

Top 3 of the Week: How I Work Out Without Going to the Gym

1) Walk Everywhere
I get a lot of heat for not taking cabs, or choosing to avoid the subway in NYC, but walking is normally my exercise for the day. I love the invigorating feeling of weaving in and out of people to get from place to place. But with a crazy work schedule that requires most of us to sit behind a desk all day, I have to feel like I'm moving around a bit, and walking is my cure!


2) Lift Weights While I Watch TV
I always said that I wish I could tone my arms, and finally I realized all it took was a couple of 5 pound weights. The best part is, that I do it when I'm doing something else productive, which is watching my favorite TV shows. All it takes is for me to get off my lazy butt on the couch. So here a lift, there a lift, everywhere a lift lift--and I'm almost at my goal of getting Kelly Ripa-like arms!



3) Crunches in Bed
Whether its lying in bed in the morning, or at night before I can't fall asleep, doing crunches in bed is the least I can do to reach my goal of perfect abs (um..still a work in progress...). But every little bit counts, and on nights where I'm twisting and turning in bed, I might as well pass the time and do some leg lifts, figure 8s, and crunches before I pass out after a long day of walking in the streets of NY and lifting weights during my shows!

No comments: