Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Top 3 of the Week: Annoying Things About Eating Out


1) What to Order
Does anyone else have as much trouble with this as I do? If ordering the crabcakes instead of the T-bone steak and regretting it is a microcosm of my life, than that explains why I'm still single. The complications ensue when restaurants vary dishes slightly and its our job to decipher it (wait..the only difference is that this one comes with guacamole!) or when the menu is an actual book where you actually flip pages (thank you cheesecake factory and local diners).


2) Poor Service
Now I was never in the waiting business, so I can't say I know from experience, but it isn't hard to learn some proper manners. I don't care if it's Applebees-- when one person is still eating, don't clear away the other persons plate. When my glass of water has been empty for a half hour, please come fill it. And when I ask for something please remember to bring it out without having to remind you twice.


3) Splitting the Check
We've all been there before. Whether it's a date, a dinner with family or with friends, some awkwardness can ensue when the check arrives. Some people prefer splitting the bill halfway in which case I say screw you for ordering the lobster and wine while I sipped on ice water with my Caesar salad. Even figuring out the tip and eating out with a large group is too much of a headache sometimes. I don't know about you but eating a peanut butter & jelly sandwich on my couch can be just as nice!

No comments: