Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dear Brookie!


Dear Brooke,

Lately I've been going out a lot with my coworkers for drinks and one particular coworker and I flirt every time we go out. We have gotten closer in the process but no one at work
knows. But I've gotten to the point where I really like him and actually want him to ask me out. What should I do?

The Sarcastic Answer:
You should quit. That way you eliminate any potential office romance that's often frowned upon. And it sounds like he could be "the one." So what's more important? Your career or being with the love of your life. I think you should propose to him. If he says no, then it wasn't meant to be.


The Real Answer:
So you like this boy, huh? There's no harm in liking a coworker, so long as you're aware of the risks. Ok. Fine. There is harm. Besides the fear of rejection if you do act on your feelings, there's also that minor problem of seeing him EVERY day after and the office gossip that might ensue.
But if you got more than a playful flirting vibe, you might be on to something.



Do you have a close mutual friend at work? You can use them to help gauge his interest. Or you can take it upon yourself. Any current movie you both might be interested in seeing? Any common food you like? See how he may interact in a non-work related setting and test his interest that way.

Sounds like your not going to be so forward about your feelings towards him. After all, if you were so sure about what to do you wouldn't have asked me! So see how he reacts to these options and if he doesn't give off any signs more than just the flirting you saw when you were out with him (remember the effects of alcoh
ol and the setting you're in) THEN I can tell you maybe it wasn't meant to be.

-Brooke

Want to ask Brookie a question on life, love and the pursuit of happiness? Just email her at brookehschneider@gmail.com!

No comments: