Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Fist-pump! The Jersey Shore Returns!


I'm sorry. When I think of the MTV cash cow, The Jersey Shore, I can't help but laugh. For a multitude of reasons, this surprising hit has been the talk of the town ever since we were first introduced to the poof and The Situation.

I laugh because I truly wonder if this cast of oven roasted Italians actually thinks that viewers are laughing with them, not at them. They are infamous. Snooki will define this generation of reality TV the same way that Darva Conger did in the late 90s. I can see her picture now on a TV timeline for the late 2000s.


I laugh because these characters that claim to be real can't be serious, right? Gym, tan and laundry. Laundry?! Really?! I just wrote a damn post about how annoying it is and yet The Situation feels it justifies a top 3 activity? Again, you must be kidding, right?

Baby I Like..this song, not the Jersey Shore cast profiting off of it...

I laugh at it all, while shaking my head simultaneously. What bothers me most is that these girls and guys are now making millions over being their stupid, obnoxious selves. Why didn't I invent the damn poof! I could be on my way to millions and have me my juicy men and juicy pickles just like Snooki. Shoulda woulda coulda.



But the truth is, as much as I knock this show, I can't wait to watch the trash that represents my neighboring state. And as much as I know these reality stars live in a warped tan bubble that deserves no praise or attention, I can't help but watch every minute, and laugh at it all.

No comments: