Monday, July 5, 2010

Top 3 of the Week: Songs of the Summer

1) California Gurls, Katy Perry featuring Snoop Dogg

I don't think there's any song that epitimizes "summer song" more than the bubble gum pop hit California Gurls. In what appears to be an answer to Jay-Z and Alicia Keys' "Empire State of Mind," Perry proves she's here to stay in the pop world. From "I Kissed a Girl" to "California Gurls" I can only imagine her next hit being "I Kissed a California Gurl."


2) Break Your Heart, Taio Cruz featuring Ludacris

Like Snoop Dogg, I think the only way for Ludacris to hit mainstream radio is to be featured in a song. I mean c'mon. I don't know how many rappers have enough moxie to want to be featured on teeny bopper hits by Jesse McCartney and Justin Bieber. But Ludacris stuck with his own genre and created a smash summer hit with the unknown Taio Cruz.


3) OMG, Usher featuring Will.I.Am

When you take a step back and realize how long Usher has been cranking out hits, it's a pretty crowning achievement that he hasn't faded into oblivion like the Ja Rules of the world. One of my favorites along with "Caught Up" Usher proves to be the most lucrative usher in the world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No "What Do you want from me?" by Adam Lambert???

Brooke Schneider said...

what do you want from ME! its only a top 3 not a top 4! can't please everyone! :)

Anonymous said...

Ha, your blog alone pleases everyone so yes you can!

You should do a Lebron James themed rant of the week...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the suggestion Brooke!