Tuesday, June 30, 2009

(PLEASE DON’T) Take Me Out to the Ballgame


Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE baseball. But I find it almost impossible to pay attention to what’s going on at a game when I’m at a stadium watching it.

What inning is it peanuts? You want peanuts? So when was the last time you went to a wait who just hit the home run?! Did you want to stay till the end of the when did they take the starter out?!


The ironic thing about this all is that I, unlike a casual fan who attends games, actually prides myself in my knowledge of the game, the stats, and the current storylines (after all, it’s kind of what I do for a living right now!) But if I really want to watch a game, I plop myself in front of the TV, listen to the analysts and actually see where the actual pitches cross the plate.

Now I do enjoy the atmosphere of being at the stadium on a nice day or night, but the only thing that catches my interest more at a stadium than on TV is seeing the fans fight for each foul ball when it lands.



So next time I get offered tickets from work or through friends, I’m going to probably still go, but it’s certainly not going to be because I want to pay close attention to the actual game. It’s because I want to pay three times the price of a hot dog and beer, of course!

No comments: